The theme for the Reading Caterpillar book club October to December 2014 (3 to 6 year old’s) was Artists and their Stories. We shared stories for children from the lives of artists and then explored their art in fun and interactive projects. Some chosen artists for this series are Degas, Nekchand the sculptor, Matisse, Hussain and more – each of their styles make for very interesting projects for children. Our visit to the National Gallery of Modern Art was just so so much fun especially when children ran around in the grounds shouting at the top of their voices that they had found Nekchand!!
Sharing some pictures of the projects we did over the last few months-
1. The Dot by Peter Reynolds
2. Vincent Van Gogh
Starry Starry nights on display!
3. Degas (Book: Degas and the Little Dancer by Laurence Anholt)
4. Beautiful Oops by Barney Saltzberg
Creating their own Oops!
5. Frida Kahlo (Book:Frida by Jonah Winter)
6. Matisse and Picasso (Book : Pigasso and Mootisse by Nina Laden)
7. Matisse (Book: Matisse’s scissors by Jeanette Winters)
A collage inspired by Matisse’s paper cuttings
8. M.F.Husain (Book: Barefoot Husain By Anjali Ragbeer)
9. Nek Chand
A Perfect Square at NGMA
A perfect way to end the year! And a great way to start another!