The Reading Caterpillar Library is unique as it focuses on young children. We have a fantastic selection of books and are constantly expanding our shelves!
We have built a collection of books unique in their stories, language and illustrations. Our books include best sellers and award winning books in the Children’s category, Modern Classics, Picture books,Young Fiction, Multilingual Books (English, Spanish, French, and Hindi), Folk Tales from different countries, Popular Characters and series and many more books. We also have a special section of reference books for parents and teachers.
Each book is handpicked, we love our books and hope that all our young members do so too! You can borrow, read or simply sit and doodle in the reading room. As a Library member you will get invitations to attend the ‘Members Only’ events, and ‘Members Special Fee’ events and workshops at the Studio.We host community events at the library and we invite you to join us for have a day at the library as a volunteer. Every alternate month we organize a book hospital at the Library where the members help us repair books!
Our Membership Plans
I. Annual Membership- A Reader’s Delight!
@Rs 6000 + Rs 500 (refundable security deposit), Number of books that can be borrowed – 3 books at a time.
II. Half-Yearly Membership
@Rs.3600 + 500 (refundable security deposit), Number of books that can be borrowed – 2 books at a time
III. Monthly Membership
@Rs.700 + 500 (refundable security deposit), Number of books that can be borrowed – 2 books at a time
*We also allow drop-in’s – come spend the day with us, read and browse through our shelves. Charges- Rs.250 per day (Books cannot be issued)
Reading Caterpillar Library Members –
- Borrow, read or simply sit and doodle in the reading room
- Attend ‘Members Only’ events ( All you have to do is register in time!)
- Attend ‘FREE FOR ALL’ events all through the year. Subject to availability of space.
- Avail MEMBER DISCOUNTS on paid events during active membership.
- Have a priority access to book club events / author events / workshops (free or paid) during active membership.
- FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY: members can also book library space (at a special members only price) for book parties / curated workshops. Available all through the year.
|Tuesday||10.30 AM to 5.30 PM|
|Wednesday||10.30 AM to 5.30 PM|
|Thursday||10.30 AM to 5.30 PM|
|Friday||10.30 AM to 5.30 PM|
|Saturday||10.00 AM to 5.00 PM|
*Library Hours for borrowing books are fixed. Book Club events / performances may carry on beyond the library events.
** We conduct special events / workshops on select Sundays & Mondays of the month. A calendar will be sent out at the beginning of every month. You are also invited to follow our social media pages to stay abreast of the events lined up.
The change in schedule is always emailed.
- Though we do not have a deadline of returning a borrowed book, we do appreciate and encourage an active use of the library
- The security deposit is a precautionary measure to ensure the well being of our books. If there are damages / book lost the security deposit will be used to replace the book
- We host ‘Pay with a Book’ Events from time to time. The events may be free for 6-12 month memberships. Please check with the library or read event’s terms & conditions.
To Join the Reading Caterpillar Library
- Use the RC Membership Form to register
- Deposit the Library Membership Fee either using any of the two following methods.
- We will send you an acknowledgement via email. At your first visit you can collect your receipt.
- You will be assigned a library membership number and the date of renewal.
- An online catalogue of the books will be shared with you via email. You are welcome to schedule a visit to the library to spend a day with our librarian and participating in library activities.
Library Fee Deposit:
|Bank Name||ICICI Bank|
|Branch Details||Sundar Nagar Delhi Branch, 19 Sundar Nagar, New Delhi – 110003|
|Bank Account Number||004601049082 (Savings)|
PAYTM – +91-8920697793 (** Upon transfer of library membership fee please send the reference number / screenshot to email@example.com)
Please do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more. We would be happy to speak with you.
Team Reading Caterpillar